Neglect the “lonely cat woman” stereotype: a brand new ballot means that in relation to romance, cat house owners are doing simply nice, if not higher.
In a current comparability of 1,000 Individuals who personal cats and 1,000 who do not, the survey discovered that marriage charges between each teams had been basically the identical (79%).
What’s extra, cat house owners had been truly barely extra more likely to be concerned in relationships (92% vs 89%) than non-cat house owners.
And half of feline-deficient singletons are claimed to be bored with courting to start with, in comparison with just one in three cat fanciers.
Carried out by OnePoll for the model World’s Greatest Cat Litter, the survey outcomes additionally revealed that 72% think about proudly owning a pet to be “engaging,” no matter their very own relationship or pet possession standing.
When requested to think about a state of affairs during which a possible on-line courting match is pictured with a cat, nearly all of respondents stated they’d be “extra ” because of this – together with 75% of individuals with cats and 61% of individuals with out.
In the meantime, seven in 10 suppose it’s best to should disclose whether or not or not you personal pets in your profile – the identical as the quantity who thinks mother and father on courting apps ought to point out having children.
“Even for those who’re not the kind to deal with your pets like they’re your kids, they’re nonetheless an essential a part of the household and may wield plenty of affect,” stated Jean Broders, Director of Advertising for World’s Greatest Cat Litters. “Cat house owners clearly appear to know this, as our findings point out they’re extra more likely to fear about making an excellent first impression on a associate’s pet.”
4 in 10 have even gone residence with a possible date particularly to satisfy that particular person’s pet, in accordance with the information.
Even nonetheless, 40% of cat house owners polled stated they’d nonetheless be keen up to now somebody who did not like cats – though an “open hatred of cats” proved the highest deal breaker amongst that very same group.
Being allergic to cats can also be an even bigger difficulty than you would possibly suppose – whereas not surprisingly, 41% of cat house owners cited it as an issue, so did 32% of these with out cats.
Curiously, cat house owners appeared barely extra keen to think about a romantic associate who did not have a job – solely 34% described it as a deal breaker, in comparison with 40% of non-cat house owners.
“Maybe they determine there will be somebody at residence to do all of the feeding and cleansing,” mused Broders. “In spite of everything, nearly 77% stated they had been fearful that company would be capable of scent odors from their cat’s litter field, so it is clearly a urgent concern!”
Greatest dealbreakers for cat house owners:
1. If they freely hate cats – 45%
2. In the event that they had been allergic to cats – 41%
3. In the event that they lived greater than an hour away from you – 37%
4. If they do not have a job – 34%
5. In the event that they owned a canine – 34%
6. In the event that they nonetheless stay with their mother and father – 27%
7. In the event that they belong to a special political occasion than you – 18%
8. If they do not personal any books – 6%
9. In the event that they had been dangerous at spelling of their messages – 4%
10. None of those could be deal breakers – 11%
Greatest dealbreakers for everybody else:
1. If they do not have a job – 40%
2. In the event that they lived greater than an hour away from you – 38%
3. In the event that they had been allergic to cats – 32%
4. In the event that they owned a canine – 31%
5. If they freely hate cats – 31%
6. In the event that they nonetheless stay with their mother and father – 29%
7. In the event that they belong to a special political occasion than you – 21%
8. If they do not personal any books – 9%
9. In the event that they had been dangerous at spelling of their messages – 9%
10. None of those could be deal breakers – 13%